Plugin includes the Add-on fields that can be used to add additional free (or paid) options with costs and additional duration to your appointable products. It is a heavily improved version of Product Add-ons and works perfectly in connection with the appointments.
Field types available:
Created add-on has several options:
- Title – Name of your add-on group. Displayed on the product page above any fields you add to the group. You can set title to be viewed as label, heading or hide it.
- Description – Description of your add-on group. Displayed on the product page below the title.
- Required field – Check this box if the add-on is required and customer won’t be able to add appointment to the cart without filling it out first.
- Hide duration label for customers – Hide everywhere on the front-end (customers won’t be able to see it).
- Hide price label for customers – Hide everywhere on the front-end (customers won’t be able to see it).
- Show before appointment form – Move add-on group on top of the appointment form instead of bottom.
Each added field has several options:
- Option – name of the option field. Displayed as label.
- Price – field price (optional) – added to overall appointment price. Price can be added as flat fee or can be tied to quantity purchased. Price can also be negative to reduce the overall appointment cost.
- Duration – field duration (optional) – added to overall appointment duration. Duration can be added as flat time or can be tied to quantity purchased. Duration can also be negative to reduce the overall appointment duration.
You can also define add-ons globally for either all products or a selected categories of products. To add global add-on options, go to Products > Global Add-ons. You will see the main global add-ons screen:
Global add-ons have the following options:
- Global Add-on Reference – Name you give global add-ons, so you know what they’re for. By default this is filled in for you.
- Priority – Order in which add-ons are displayed on the frontend. Per-product add-ons get priority 10, so you can set it lower than 10 to display your global add-on first, or higher than 10 to show your global add-on last.
- Applied to – Which products will show this global add-on. ‘All Products’ shows on all of them, or you can choose categories from the list to only show the add-on for products.
- Add-ons – New fields are added here and options are the same as for product add-ons.
How Customers see Add-ons
Add-on fields are by default hidden and show after the customer has picked the date and/or time. Add-ons can also be moved on top of the appointment form by selecting the Show before appointment form option.
Custom pricing rules
Custom pricing rules under general product options also apply to add-on fields. Add-on price is added to product price and both are filtered with pricing rules.
Product price: 100$
Product duration: 60 min
– option 1 for 50$ (no extra duration)
– option 2 for 100$ (extra 60 min)
You add custom pricing rule for each Monday with:
– Base cost +5$
– Slot cost +1$
If you book Friday (normal pricing), you would get:
– 50$ without add-on options
– 100$ with option1
– 150$ with option2
If you book Monday (custom pricing rules apply), you would get:
– 56$ without add-on options (50$ base price + 5$ base cost + 1$ slot cost)
– 106$ with option1 (50$ base price + 5$ base cost + 1$ slot cost + 50$ option1)
– 157$ with option2 (50$ base price + 5$ base cost + 1$ slot cost + 100$ option2 + 1$ slot cost for option2).
In custom pricing rules:
– Base cost applies to the base cost of the Product and is only applied once unless you’re using Inventory – it multiplies with Inventory.
– Slot cost applies to slots (a slot is the default duration). So if default duration is 1h and you add another hour with add-ons, there would be 2 slots, that’s why the multiplication.