Important notice: in order to use a child theme, you will also be required to have the Bizznis parent theme installed in the wp-content/themes directory on your server. Learn what is a Bizznis parent and a child theme.
Adding Bizznis Child Theme using the Administration Panel
- Log in to the WordPress Administration
- Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Just next to the headline, you will see a link that says “Add New” – click that.
- Below to the headline, you will see a link that says “Upload” – click that.
- Click the browse button and find the child themes zip file from your local machine.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
Installation With an FTP Client
- Download the child themes zip file to your local machine and unzip it.
- You will see a theme folder labeled with your child themes name.
- Log onto your server through an FTP client, and find your site’s wp-content/themes directory. You will want to transfer the entire child themes folder to that directory. If Bizznis theme isn’t installed yet, you will need to transfer both the “bizznis” theme folder as well as the child theme folder to that directory.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, and go to Appearance > Themes. There you will see screenshots of the themes that are available for you to use. Click on the child theme title (or theme screenshot) for the theme you wish to activate. A preview of the theme will be shown, and then you can click the Activate link in the top right of the preview window.
- If you are looking for a good FTP client, you can check out Cute FTP and Filezilla for Windows or Transmit and Cyberduck for Mac.
- If the theme downloads as a folder full of files, this is a setting on your computer. You can zip it back up by right-clicking on the folder name and choosing “Compress”.
- Do not rename the /bizznis/ folder. Child themes look specifically for this name exactly. Any other variation will not be found by the child theme.