Note: Prior to importing the XML, we do recommend that you install Bizznis and any child theme, as well as install and setup any required plugins mentioned in the theme setup guides.
Finding the XML file
The XML file is included with your child theme zip file in a folder labeled xml. If you haven’t already done so, download the theme zip file to your local computer.
To locate the XML file, you will need to unzip the theme zip file on your computer. After unzipping, you will see a folder labeled with your child theme name. Open that folder and look for the xml folder. The XML file will be located inside this xml folder and is the file you’ll need to import the demo content.
How to import the demo content
To import the demo content, follow the instructions from the Importing Content page from the WordPress website. To import from a WordPress export file into your blog follow these steps.
How to Use the XML File to Import the Demo Site’s Content
- Log into that site as an administrator.
- Go to Tools: Import in the site’s admin panels.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload this file using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- WordPress will import each of the posts, comments, and categories into your blog.
After you’ve imported the XML file, continue to follow your Theme Setup Guide to set the theme up like the demo.