3.7 update brings improved and rewritten Google Calendar sync for the Appointments plugin. Staff can now sync their own Google Calendar and best of all, synchronization works live in both directions, so Google Calendar and Appointments calendar is always in sync.
2-way Google Calendar Sync for Staff
Staff can now sync their appointments with their own Google Calendar. Synchronization works in both directions, so when events are added to Google Calendar, same time period is instantly blocked for products/services, which they are assigned to. Also, when appointment is edited on the site, it’s instantly updated on Google Calendar as well. Same goes when event is edited on Google Calendar – it’s instantly synced back to the site with updated data.
Step 1: Authorize with Google Account
Authorize your Google Account, where Calendar you want to sync is present.
Step 2: Select Google Calendar
Select Google Calendar you want to sync your appointments with.
Step 3: Manually Sync for the first time (optional)
You can manually sync if you want to pull events instantly. Automatic sync is performed each hour or live if live sync is configured for the site.
Improved Sync from Google Calendar
Events synced back to the site are now saved as availability rules and not as “dummy” appointments any more. This way synced events work much faster you also have better control over their priority over other availability rules. In upcoming updates, we will also add ability to add free slots with calendar events, instead of just blocking the times periods.
- Events now synced back as availability rules
- Recurring events sync back without issues (limited to 250 events max)
- Live sync through Authorized Redirect URI:
2018.04.02 – version 3.7.0
* Feature – Option to sync staff with their own Google Calendar.
* Improvement – Refactor calendar sync from google.
* Improvement – Google Calendar live sync not working.
* Improvement – Only show quantity Left per slot, when Max and Left are the same.
* Improvement – 50% Better performance for large number of appointments.
* Improvement – Memberships discount not working from backend
* Improvement – Updated all translations.
* Improvement – Sync appointments added in admin automatically to Google Calendar.
* Fix – Recurring events in gcal should sync
* Fix – WPML slots left acting weird
* Fix – Temporary appointments don’t get deleted
* Fix – Inventory in availability rules don’t work for custom dates.